Saturday, January 4, 2020

Introductory Pages


Title Page

Many ancient records and journals were combined

So this special book could be read by all mankind.

What is this book’s purpose?  The Book of Mormon tries
To convince all people that Jesus is the Christ.

Introduction

Like the Bible, this book is scripture and you’ll see
It’s written by revelation and prophecy.  
The most important part of the Book of Mormon’s when
Jesus comes and He teaches gospel truths to them.
It’s the most correct book of any found on earth
Like a keystone, it’s irreplaceable in worth.
We invite all men everywhere to read this book
Ponder its message and then ask God if it’s true. 
Those who pray about it in faith will come to know
That it’s true by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Testimony of Three Witnesses

Three men testified of the Book of Mormon’s truth,
They had seen the plates and an angel so they knew.

Oliver Cowdery
David Whitmer
Martin Harris

Testimony of Eight Witnesses

Eight more men declared that they also saw the plates
They never denied this.  Their words will never fade. 

Christian Whitmer
Jacob Whitmer
Peter Whitmer, Jun.
John Whitmer
Hiram Page
Joseph Smith, Sen.
Hyrum Smith
Samuel H. Smith

The Testimony of Joseph Smith

One night I was praying and then I saw a light.
Soon I saw an angel whose name was Moroni.
He told me that all men would come to know my name
And he told me where I would find the golden plates.
He would share the same message with me two more times
And then the night was over, the sun began to shine.
I was far too tired when I tried to do my chores
When I fell the angel appeared to me once more.
“Go and tell your father of everything you’ve heard.”
I obeyed and Father believed me, every word.
I went to the hill that the angel had described
And I found the box with the golden plates inside.
When I tried to take them, Moroni told me no.
I was not quite ready, I needed four years more.
Four years later, I saw what Moroni had meant.
Once I had the plates, my trials became intense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment